Grain skateboard decks are pressed in their shop with multiple layers of FCS certified maple veneers at the core and decorative, bookmatched veneers on the top and bottom. Make one of their tried and true shapes or create your own unique shape out of the supplied rectangular blank. Grain skateboard kits include everything you need to build a beautiful, one of a kind skateboard, except the tools.
While some woodworking experience can be helpful, anyone who enjoys working with their hands and can follow written instructions should be able to tackle this project with great success. We know that you’ll love the feeling of hitting the pavement on a Homegrown Skateboard Kit you built yourself.
We recommend age 16 or older and with adult supervision as the use of woodworking tools such as a jig saw are required.
Time to Make
- 3-5 hours hands-on plus time for drying
Included with our Skateboard Kits:
- One of a kind, pre-pressed deck blank
- Paris Trucks (180 mm for the Longboards and 150mm for the cruiser) in black or silver
- Bones Reds bearings and spacers
- Carver Roundhouse Ecothane (soy based, non-petroleum) wheels (70mm 81a for the longboards and 65mm 81a for the cruiser)
- Black Diamond grip tape (clear or black)
- Water based spar varnish for finishing
- Finishing guide
- Comprehensive downloadable manual
List of tools you will need:
- Jig saw or band saw
- Block plane or spokeshave
- Belt sander or other power sander (optional)
- 80 grit and 120 grit sandpaper
- Power Drill
- 3/16” drill bit
- Counter sink bit
- Utility knife
- Skate tool or socket set + Philips screwdriver
*Once you place your order, we will reach out to you to customize your kit, and discuss wood options, truck colors, etc.